How Do I Use Gmail with My Custom Domain?
Google allows you to use Gmail with your own domain. This service is provided on all Google Workspace plans.
This manual is for uKit domains and domains connected to uKit's name servers.
You can only create a domain-based email address for custom domains that are connected to uKit. If you have a custom domain purchased from uKit, it’s all set and you can proceed to signing up with Google Workspace. If your domain was bought from a different domain provider, you need to connect it to uKit before setting up a domain-based email.
1. Head over to https://workspace.google.com/products/gmail/ and click Get started.You may need to log in to your Google account:
2. On the signup page, enter information about your business. Specify your company name, location, and contact info:
3. In the next step, you will be asked if you already have a domain. Click Yes, I have one I can use, then enter your domain name and press Next:
4. Choose whether you would like to subscribe to Google newsletters:
5. Submit your username and password. Be sure to keep these details secure as you will need them to log into your Google Workspace account. Confirm you are not a robot:
6. After creating the account, click on Go To Setup:
7. Sign in by clicking Next, then enter your password:
8. The system may ask you to verify your identity. In this case, enter your phone number to receive a verification code.
9. Enter the 6-digit code you received in SMS and click Verify:
11. Click Next:
12. Activate your email for your domain:
13. Click Continue:
14. To activate your mail, you need to add the MX records:
15. Now, open the uKit Dashboard in a different browser tab and go to the Domains section:
16. Click Connected to the website, then click on the “gear” icon next to your domain name to manage its records:
17. Click Add and select the MX record type. Here you need to type in @ to the first field, priority for the second (as it is shown on the Google Workspace page), and a value for the third:
Add all 5 MX records.
18. Add an MX verification record. Type in @ to the first field, select the MX record type, enter priority 15 for the second field, and the verification code for the third:
Here’s how a correctly completed page with 6 MX records should look like:
19. Click Activate Gmail on the Google Workspace page. Verification may take about 1 hour.
After the verification is completed, you will be able to use Gmail with your domain. You will be able to add users right after verification or later.
We recommend adding SPF and DKIM records to reduce the chance of your emails getting into spam. You will need to add the following SPF record:
@ TXT v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com ~all
Questions? Get quick personal help from our Support Team.